MCQs on Citizenship of Indian Constitution:
MCQ on Citizenship: To attempt the MCQs from the topic Citizenship of COI, I strongly advise reading the general knowledge notes on Citizenship, which is provided through the link given below.
1. When did the Government of India pass the Dual Citizenship Act for Indians living abroad?
[UPSC prelims 1997]
2. What is the minimum number of years of residence in India to apply for Indian citizenship?
(a) 3 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 10 years
3. As a result of inclusion in India, the residents of which region get Indian citizenship?
[West Bengal Police 2016]
(a) West Bengal
(b) Andhra Pradesh
4. Which of the following reasons is correct for termination of Indian citizenship?
(a) Government jobs
(b) Gaining citizenship in a dishonest way
(c) Joining the military
(d) Marrying a foreigner
5. There is a thorough discussion on the acceptance and rejection of citizenship of India in –
(a) Indian Independence Act of 1947
(b) Government of India Act, 1935
(c) Indian Citizenship Act, 1955
(d) In the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India
6. In which year was the Indian Citizenship Act passed?
[PSC 1999, WBCS prelims 2006, UPPSC 2009]
7. Which of the following conditions is not correct for obtaining citizenship in India?
(a) By birth
(b) By purchasing property
(c) Through documentation
(d) All of the above
8. Who is the appropriate authority to determine the subject of acquisition of Indian citizenship?
9. In how many states has the Government of India informed in the initial phase that expatriate Indians will be granted dual citizenship?
[SSC CGL 2007]
10. India’s one-citizenship policy contradicts which of the following?
(a) United of States system
(b) Parliamentary democracy
(c) Fundamental rights
(d) None of the above
11. In which year was the Citizenship Act of India first amended?
[WBCS prelims 2005]
12. The Constitution of India is –
(a) does not speak of citizenship
(b) speaks of single citizenship
(c) Speaks of multi-citizenship
(d) does not refer to citizenship
13. The new Citizenship Act of 2003 was framed on the recommendation of which committee?
[UPSC Prelims 2000]
(a) V. R. Chopra Committee.
(b) b. R. Sen Committee
(c) L. S. Singhvi Committee
(d) D.A.K. Ratan Committee
14. In which part of the Indian Constitution, there is a discussion on citizenship?
(a) In Part 1
(b) In Part 2
(c) In part 3
(d) In Part 4
|Name||MCQ on Citizenship PDF|
|Subject||Indian Polity / Constitution|
|File Type||PDF Docx|
|File Size||PDF 697 KB, Docx 26 KB|
|Price||Free (Rs. 29 soon)|
|Exams||UPSC, SSC CGL, Police, Army, Clerical Jobs|
|Download Link||Given Below|